Writers WantedOctober 24, 2016
Doppelgänger by Stuart SnelsonOctober 31, 2016
Our next MIRLive takes place on December 5th at the Harrison, 28 Harrison Street, King’s Cross, WC1H 8JF. This will be a Christmas Special and we are looking for work inspired by folk tales, fairy tales and magic. The deadline for Submissions is November 18th.
- Any UK based author can submit work for consideration.
- There is no restriction on the type of work. You can submit a complete short story or an extract, a novel extract, poetry, life writing, adapted screenplay etc.
- Submissions should be unpublished. However, previously published work will be considered in some circumstances.
Prose: up to 1500 words
Poetry: up to 150 lines
- The MIROnline team will decide which submissions to select and the running order of the night.
- No editorial input will be provided. Work will be selected as it stands.
- No significant changes can be made once the work has been selected.
- You should submit only one piece of work per event. However, you can submit to as many MIROnline events as you wish, whether or not your previous submissions have been selected.
- Please make sure you are happy with your work before you submit it. The team reserves the right not to accept an updated, replacement version, even if it arrives before the deadline.
- Submissions should be sent as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be advised whether your submission has been selected at least one week before the event.
Selected work will be read at the next event.
If your work is selected, you will be asked to provide a brief biography (up to 100) words, to include on a handout and, subject to the author’s permission, a podcast of the reading may be made available on the website. Copyright remains with the individual author.